Posts

Saturday 16 January 2016

Great Friends

We got a cleaner.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m not really “into” cleaning. I do it because I HAVE to.

For the last six months of last year I was grumpy as hell most of the time. It’s a long story. Anyway, I found myself saying to my children, “Hang on while I…” or  “No, I just gotta …” or “Yes, just  let me finish …” and the dot dot dot was invariably some kind of cleaning job that I hated doing but equally hated not having done. So, our lives were a grumpy, untidy, endlessly cleaning but never tidy grumpity grump.

And then a friend said to me, “I hear a lot of complaining. Tell me what you want.” Great friend, right?

Well, what I want is to not be grumpy at my kids all the time. What I want is to have a peaceful, calm house all the time, magically, without spending all day cleaning.

As an aside – one of the things I didn’t factor into my Life As a Homeschooling Family envisagement, was the mess. The constant activity, the constant stuff, the constant mess.

So, when The Sound Guy told me he raised his daily rate, I knew, instantly and without a shadow of doubt, I’m getting help.

And so, we got a cleaner. Because sometimes, when I say crazy things, which other people think clearly indicate that I, as well and as much as my thoughts, am crazy, like, I’d like a cleaner three days a week for an hour a day, the universe lines itself up and produces a magical cleaner who lives around the corner and can do an hour three times a week. Sometimes, the universe does that.


So, here we are. I have help. I have a lovely child minder three times a week, and a magical cleaner three times a week. 

I have help.

2 comments: