Posts

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Hamburgers Deconstructed



This is a photo of what my six year old son ate - he actually had another hamburger patty and some     extra mushrooms too. 

These patties are honestly just mince. Not even seasoned. Because, sadly, my kids don't like pepper. <<sad face here>>. So, you could perk them up with salt and pepper, with chili, with any herbs or spices you like.

I shaped them into patties and heated up my gorgeous cast iron frying pan with some bacon fat - MMMMMMMM - then I placed the patties in and cooked them til they were done. I always have to cut one in half to check. But that then becomes my sample one, so nothing lost! When the patties were all done, I popped the mushrooms into the same pan and the mushrooms soaked up all the yumminess from the patties and the bacon fat. Then, when the mushrooms were nearly done I scoooched them over to one side and popped the kale in the other side to wilt a little. I did sprinkle some salt on the mushrooms and kale.

That's IT! easy as! And all in one pan!

The cabbage-y looking stuff on the plate is some of my friend's DIVINE sauerkraut. I can't get enough of this stuff, and neither can Louis. She's not in commercial circulation yet, but the moment she is I will do a piece on her so you know where to get some.

Hope you and your family enjoy this super simple meal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment