Posts

Saturday 12 September 2015

In Celebration of Small Moments

I went out for dinner with a lovely friend of mine this week and she was talking about having a new-found appreciation for the small moments. Oh YES, yes, yes. This is where my heart is, in the small, tiny, miniscule moments. This morning I woke up at 6:40am, a child on each arm, and I lay for an hour drinking in the bliss: listening to them snuffle; feeling their fluffy bed-hair tickle my nose; gazing at their super delicate eyelids; studying their puffy, full lips; enjoying the warmth from their bodies; just basking in amazement at the awesomeness that is my children.

The moments that stand out for me this week are:

Riding our bikes through the fountain on Marine Parade. Louis is just fascinated by the motion/vision of making things (sand, mud, water) spray out from a wheel. He demoed a remote control car in one afternoon by placing it in the sand, holding it there with one hand, and using the other hand to take it to full revs with the remote. He can watch that sand flick out for hours. Literally. I love that he loves it. So, we rode our bikes through the fountain and made the water flick up with our bike tires.

It was Fathers’ Day this week and we were Father-less, but thinking of him, so we set the table, had juice in champagne flutes, lit the candles and celebrated how awesome the Sound Guy is whether he’s in our country or not.

A lot of this week was spent relaxing in the sun. I think I’m solar powered.

And some of the moments in short: Louis getting my breakfast for me; Louis and Joss snuggling up on the couch; Joss pretending to do smelly farts out of NOWHERE and all of us laughing uncontrollably; Ron FaceTiming me from the side of the stage of a Crosby, Stills and Nash gig, listening to what he’s listening to, seeing the smiling faces, catching a small snippet of the energy he so loves; having afternoon tea with good friends; going on lung pinging hard-arsed walks with another friend.


So much to celebrate in a week of small moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment